13 Jun New Pilot Program Effort Focusing on Veteran Housing in Collier County
Wounded Warriors of Collier County is proud to announce a newly-developed pilot program in collaboration with the Collier County Veterans Treatment Court Program and several area participants, such as the Collier County Sheriff’s Office, the David Lawrence Center, Hodges University Veteran Program and Home Base SWFL. Many local veterans struggling with illness or other challenges find themselves and their families without a home once they have completed a treatment program.
The vision and focus of the pilot program is to provide immediate housing to Veterans who volunteer to participate in the Veterans Treatment Court Program and offer community services to help in restoring their lives.
Along with Wounded Warriors of Collier County, area participants met the week of June 3rd to discuss the program and upcoming efforts. Those in attendance were:
- American Gold Star Moms
- Catholic Charities of Collier County
- Collier County Sheriff’s Office
- David Lawrence Center
- Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Career Source
- HCHV Homeless Outreach Social Worker
- Hodges University Veteran Services
- Home Base SWFL
- Hunger & homeless Coalition of Collier County
- JFCS Veterans
- National Alliance of Mental Health (NAMI)
- New Hope Safe House
- Veterans Court Program – 20th Judicial Circuit Florida
- Veteran Court Mentors
- VA Department of Veterans Affairs
Return to our website regularly to get program updates and new information! If you are interested in volunteering for this program or any other program, please contact us now.