$15,000 Donation to HomeBase Massachusetts General Hospital from Wounded Warriors of Collier County in 2017
Many Veterans re-integrating into civilian life struggle to maintain their once healthy lifestyle, and that could lead to or worsen symptoms of depression and stress. Home Base’s Southwest Florida Warrior Health and Fitness program can get these men and women back on track.
This free, six-month program is held for Veterans and run by Veterans, designed to improve health and well being through supervised physical exercise, education about healthy eating, living, sleep hygiene, stress management and the health benefits of physical activity.
Open to Post – 9/11 Veterans, this group enables participants to surround themselves with like-minded people and form a new band of brothers and sisters, while losing weight and getting fit in the process. The program is presented in conjunction with and sessions are held at Florida Gulf Coast University and the Greater Naples YMCA.
- Fitness Evaluations & Tailored Exercise Program
- Professional Nutrition Counseling
- Warrior Yoga
- Meditation Training
- PGA Pro Golf Lessons at Kensington Golf Club
- Complimentary Membership at the Greater Naples YMCA
- Additional resources and services as needed in Southwest Florida including at the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, the Veterans Centers in Naples & Ft. Myers